Games Britannia: Joystick Generation

The final episode in the series focuses on the transition from board games and physical games to computer games, and how society has so completely immersed itself into the internet age. Woolley comments on the drastic speed of change and how completely computer gaming has taken over the current generation (a point that I am not disputing).

There's not much for me to comment on, as Woolley focuses on the test of morality that the game Grand Theft Auto has become and how identites have become digitalised in games such as Runescape and World of Warcraft. I, fortunately or unfortunately depending on your point of view, do not like the Grand Theft Auto games or Runescape and have never played World of Warcraft.

However, I can't dispute that I have spent nearly as much time in the real world as I have in various virtual worlds, and I agree that now and in the future games will become a bastion of questions and arguments concerning vital aspects of human nature, such as morality and duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment