Pervasive Games

There are many different definitions of pervasive games, some simple, and some horrifyingly not so. To me, a pervasive game is a game who's boundaries extend beyond the lines of traditional isolated play, that is to say, the borders overlap between the game world and the real world (even the real world in a game is 'fictional' by the way).

La Decima Vittima is the perfect example of a game which blends with the physical, the real world in an interactive way rather than a passive way. While I have no doubt that my definition of a pervasive is not complete or all-encompassing, it is the most appropriate for me, its what fits in my mind, and when it comes to pervasive games, perception is everything.

To be perfectly honest, I think pervasive games such as Assassin appeal to people who aren't as focused on gaming as people such as myself, because it seems like a lot of real world effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment